At Bracken Estates, we are experts in property letting and we have been offering our services across Dublin for many years. We have a reputation locally as one of the best letting agents Dublin has to offer and we are always happy to provide help and advice to residential property landlords. We are also very experienced in commercial & residential property sales
Here we are going to cover your basic rights and obligations as a residential property landlord making sure you comply with the Residential Tenancies Act. So, let us look at what you should expect from your tenant under these guidelines and what your rights are as the property owner.
What You can Do!
As a landlord, your main rights include the ability to:
- Know who is living in your property at all times and decide whether subletting is allowed (not including Approved Housing Body landlords).
- Be informed of required repairs to ensure that no further damage occurs due to not dealing with the problem in good time.
- Refer disputes to the Residential Tenancies Board (RTB), after trying everything they can to resolve the problem themselves.
- Cut short the tenancy via your letting agent for no reason during the first six months, so long as 28 days’ notice is provided, and this right is included in the fixed term lease.
- Terminate a tenancy at a later stage.
- Carry out routine inspections at an agreed time.
What You are Not Able to Do!
There are also regulations in place to protect tenants, which state that you are not able to do the following:
- Enter your rented property without the tenant’s permission
- Take or keep property belonging to your tenant – even if the rent has not been paid
- Charge more rent than the market rate for your property
- Penalise tenants for taking a dispute to the RTB
We Are Here to Make the Whole Process Easier
Being a landlord is much easier with the right knowledge and support – something that the Bracken Estates team can provide. Our dedicated experts can help guide you when you need it, allowing you to avoid the pitfalls that many fall into.
As your residential property letting agent, we are here to help make being a landlord easier. Our property management and lettings expertise mean that we can manage the property on your behalf – something you can find out more about by visiting us today at www.brackenestates.com.
Alternatively, if you would like more advice about what has been discussed here or anything else relating to residential or commercial sales, please do not hesitate to call us on 01 4966-444.